Sunday Special Recipe #9: Mutton Rogan Josh
Udupitoday Media Network
Mutton,cut into 1½ inch pieces --- 800 grams
Oil --- 4 tablespoons
Asafoetida --- 1 1/4 teaspoons
Cinnamon --- 2 one-inch sticks
Cloves --- 6-8
Ratanjot --- 4-6 inch piece
Black peppercorns --- 5-6
Black cardamoms --- 4
Kashmiri red chilli powder ---1 tablespoon
Fennel seed (saunf) powder --- 2 teaspoons
Dry ginger powder (soonth) ---1 tablespoon
Coriander powder --- 1 tablespoon
Salt --- To taste
Yogurt(whisked) --- 1 cup
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Add asafoetida, cinnamon, cloves, black peppercorns and black cardamoms. Sauté till fragrant.
- Add lamb pieces and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly till lamb pieces turn a nice reddish brown colour. This may take twelve to fifteen minutes.
- Sprinkle a little water and continue cooking for twelve to fifteen minutes more on low heat. Make sure to stir constantly and scrape all the sediments from the bottom of the pan.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder, fennel powder, dry ginger powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add yogurt and two cups of water. Cook, covered, till lamb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Traditional Kashmiri Rogan Josh has thin gravy and a thick layer of oil on top. Quality of meat plays an important role in this dish. Select meat with a lot of fat.
No Comments Found.. |
Enter valid answer - Security Validation
Casa Greens, Gundibail Udupi : Book your Flat now See pics Work in Progress
Power Care Services, Nalkubeedi, Moodubelle (now open)
Chalo Desert Safari: A thrilling experience of Belleans in Dubai
Dubai: Belleans enjoy exciting Easter picnic at Zabeel Park
Pearl Zone: CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm etc. in Udupi, Sales & Service
State NSS Girl’s Camp Moodubelle ( 10 reports)
Udupi Today Recipes
Winnys Cook Book
Babitha AgensiesBabitha Agensies Babitha Agensies